A 401(k) is an employer-sponsored retirement plan that gives employees a way to build up their retirement savings while enjoying tax-deferred growth on their investments and many other significant tax advantages.
Perks like these make contributing to your Guideline 401(k) one of the best ways you can save for retirement:
- Pre-tax contributions reduce your income taxes for the current year
- Tax-deferred growth on all 401(k) contributions: Your contributions will grow over time, without being taxed along the way
- Tax-free withdrawals on all Roth contributions and their earnings
- Guideline’s high-quality funds and low fees maximize the growth of your savings
- Ability to directly transfer funds between retirement plans or employers if you change jobs
- Automatic deduction from your paycheck—contribution deposits require zero effort on your part
- Employer matching, if offered, essentially means free money from your company towards your retirement
- Adjust your contributions quickly and easily any time, depending on what you can contribute at the time
- A retirement Saver's Credit of up to $4,000 may be granted to you, depending on your income
Employers aren’t required to offer this retirement savings benefit, but many are doing so to attract and retain talent. You are the talent! Your 401(k) is an investment in your financial future and your retirement security. Take full advantage of your employer-sponsored benefit by contributing to your Guideline 401(k) now.