Do I qualify for a withdrawal (or rollover)?

Before requesting a distribution, it’s important to know that you're only able to withdraw funds from a 401(k) account if you meet the conditions defined under your plan rules referenced in your summary plan description. 

The most common IRS distributable events include: 

  • Terminating employment (with the company sponsoring your 401(k))
  • The company terminating the 401(k) plan
  • Death or qualified disability

If you are age 59 ½ and still employed by the company that sponsors your account, then you’re able to request an In-service Distribution.

If you qualify, please see the following helpful article How to distribute (or rollover) your funds from Guideline

If you do not qualify under one of the IRS distributable events listed above, and would like to access your Guideline 401(k) funds, check to see if you qualify for a 401(k) Loan or Hardship Withdrawal.  


Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request