Guideline will send an email to all eligible employees inviting them to set up their accounts 30 days before your plan start date. The subject line of these onboarding emails will appear as “ABC Inc.’s 401(k) Plan Automatic Enrollment Notice”. Once they receive this email, participants have 30 days to update their deferral amounts and investment preferences, or opt out completely via their Guideline Dashboard. If they don’t opt out before the start date, they will be automatically enrolled with a pre-determined contribution rate. However, they can change their contribution rate at anytime in the future after the plan starts. At this time, no further action is needed from you as the plan sponsor.
Articles in this section
- Common plan administrator questions
- I signed the Plan Document, what happens next?
- When will my Guideline plan begin?
- When will employees be invited to create their accounts?
- First payday with contributions
- Plan Setup: What does “Investments Confirmed” mean?
- How to verify your bank account using micro-deposits while setting up your company’s 401(k) plan
- Our integrations