Tax documents and reporting rules for IRA and 401(k)s

If you had certain IRA or 401(k) transactions during the year, you may need to file IRS forms with your tax return. These forms could help you avoid paying income taxes on amounts that should be tax-free. These forms may include:

Filing the right forms with your tax return can help to ensure that the information reported to the IRS is correct. Filing of additional paperwork, including forms are not limited to those listed above. If you are unsure whether you should be filing a specific form, you should reach out to your tax advisor or accountant.

Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request