Even if your company doesn’t offer employer matching contributions, you can still take advantage of your 401(k)’s other benefits including:
- Reducing your current income taxes
- Tax-free growth on contributions made until distribution
- The ability to transfer funds between employers if you change jobs
- Automatic deductions from your paycheck
- Saver's Credit on income taxes for qualified participants
See this article on Profit Sharing for Employees to learn more about another type of contribution your employer can make to your 401(k).