Do I need to report my contributions from this year if I’m rolling over that account to Guideline?

If you roll over funds from another account, you must separately report contributions in that rollover which are attributable to the current tax year. This helps Guideline ensure you don’t go over your annual contribution limit. 

You can report these contributions from the Report Outside Contributions section of your Account Settings page.

Article: What is the annual deferral limit?

Article: I overcontributed to my 401(k), what should I do?

Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request